Plan I: Pre-Owned Sportsmobiles in our possession.
The typical selling process
- Prospective buyer contacts Sportsmobile regarding a pre-owned Sportsmobile. A Sportsmobile representative will answer questions the buyer may have.
- The buyer can then make an offer that Sportsmobile will pass on to the seller. The seller can accept or make a counter offer.
- After a price is agreed on, the buyer sends a 20% deposit to Sportsmobile.
- Upon pick-up date, the buyer can inspect and test drive the Sportsmobile.
- If all is to the buyer’s satisfaction, the necessary paperwork will be completed and final payment can be made.
Pre-owned Sportsmobiles that are in Sportsmobile Texas possession are detailed and inspected. Electrical, propane and plumbing systems are checked but not warrantied by Sportsmobile.
Chassis inspection by a third party can be arranged by Sportsmobile for $125. This is a comprehensive analysis that includes the engine, drive train, road testing, chassis exterior and interior items.
Financing Sportsmobile offers RV financing for new and pre-owned Sportsmobiles through Ally Financial, a division of GMAC. Terms and rates will depend on your credit rating. Note: pre-owned cannot be more than 7 years old and more than 75,000 miles.
Here Are Some APR Payment Examples.
|Sale Price||Less 20%|
- Seeing a Pre-Owned Sportsmobile It is best to schedule an appointment. We are open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday. Closed on national holidays and Christmas week.
- If You Are Flying In The Austin airport is a 15 mile drive, or about 20 minutes. The fare is about $40.00.
- Directions to Sportsmobile Please see our Web site “Contact Us” page or the Texas Pre-Owned page to print out a Mapquest map.
- Taking Delivery Please make an appointment between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Monday through Friday, except for holidays and Christmas week. After you inspect the Sportsmobile and all is to your satisfaction, we will give you an orientation. This usually takes 1 to 2 hours.
- The paperwork Sportsmobile will collect registration information from the buyer and prepare all the necessary paperwork before pick-up. If registration is out of Texas, customer is responsible for registering vehicle. We will provide a 21-day temporary tag. If registration is in Texas, Sportsmobile will handle all paperwork and send registration tag and plates to new owner.
- Payment We accept personal checks, cashiers checks, certified bank checks, wire transfers, and pre-arranged financing.
Plan II: Pre-Owned Sportsmobiles in “Owner’s Possession”
- There is no restriction by Sportsmobile as to the model year, mileage, etc., of pre-owned Sportsmobiles that we list on our Web site when the owner keeps possession. We have found most all Sportsmobile owners take very good care of their Sportsmobiles. However, for peace of mind, you can get a Carfax report (see Seller Listing Requirements above).
- Sportsmobile will refer potential buyers to the owner. All communication and negotiations are done directly with owner. All paperwork is handled by the owner.
- Financing? Please see above