Tell Me About The Electric Refrigerator
Refrigerator 3E (2.7 CF) — is included in the Standard Equipment Package. It pulls only 3.6 amps when running on 12V. It can be exchanged for an optional 4E (3.6 CF).
Electric Refrigerators are far more popular than the Three-Ways with Sportsmobile owners. Electric Refrigerators cool with a very efficient sealed compressor. You do not need to park level. No outside van vents are required.
When you are driving or parked, the Refrigerator runs off the 12V Auxiliary Battery. The 4E draws 5.6 amps. When you park and your Auxiliary Batteries are fully charged, you can normally run two to three days depending on other 12V items being used. If batteries run low and you want more time at the same place, run your van’s engine for a short time or take a side trip. You can also add a 12V Solar Panel Charger (o) to help keep your Auxiliary Batteries charged. Note: Some standard plans include a toilet and a shower.
What Is A Three-Way Refrigerator? (o)
Refrigerator 4EP (3.6 CF) (o) runs on 12/110V or propane (o). You must park level with a Three-Way Refrigerator. Three-Way Refrigerators cool by way of an absorption process. They take several hours to make ice. Outside vents in the van’s side are required. A Three-Way Refrigerator, when on 12V, will only maintain the refrigerator’s initial temperature. It will also drain the Auxiliary Battery in several hours when parked.
Average overall is about 1/2 of the running amperage.
Electric refrigerators use a quiet hermetically-sealed compressor. There’s no need to park level — up to 30°. The amperage draw is quite low with improved cooling performance in higher ambient temperatures. They cool down fast, there’s virtually no maintenance and no outside vents.
Norcold Refrigerator 3E (2.7 CF) have proven to be highly reliable and efficient over the decades.
Standard Equipment Package Model.
- Can be exchanged for the 4E, 7E or 5EP (3-way).
- Install in tall or counter-top-high cabinets.
- Convenient top-mounted controls.
- Freezer shelf holds a small ice tray.
- Door is reversible.
- Amperage draw 12V 3.6A, 110V .71A
- Additional cost option in place of the 3E.
- Essentially same as the 3E except more capacity with a larger freezer.
- Amperage draw 12V 5.6A, 110V .2A
- This is our most popular refrigerator
- Door front panel can be vinyl, interweave, or stainless steel add on.
This refrigerator is only available for Sprinters.
- Option in place of the 3E.
- Doors are reversible, left or right.
- Storage for various sizes of items.
- Adjustable, removable, large door-bin container.
- Amperage draw 12V 5.9A, 110V .04A
“We were told that most owners choose the 4E refrigerator. We couldn’t resist the 7E. One reason was the big freezer.”
— Julia and Tom Hendricks
- Stainless steel, clean touch door.
- Door reversible L or R.
- Amperage draw – 5.9A (about 1/2 over the 24 hours); 12V
- Engineered for the Marine Industry.
Model “Cruise 195”
Available for all “High” roof vans.
Exterior size: 53″ H x 21.4″ W x 22.5″ D
About the same size as Norcold 7E.
- Volume: 6.9CF
- Door: Stainless Steel. Swing L or R
- Separate Compressors for refrigerator/freezer
- Amerage draw 6.2 12V running. Overall draw is about half over 24 hours.
- Note: It’s very expensive
The Isotherm Cruise 195 Stainless Steel (INOX) Marine Refrigerator / Freezer is an upright combo unit that features the refrigerator on top and a deep freezer on the bottom. Each section features its own separate compressor and thermostat control for superior reliability and performance in an upright fridge / freezer.
The Cruise 195 refrigerator section is on top for convenience and features molded-in cradles and door shelves for rugged durability and plenty of room for food and beverages. The top refrigerator section has an innovative cooling evaporator protected by an aluminum shield with built-in air circulation fan that pulls cold air across the evaporator and circulates the air in a convection to keep temperatures the same on top and bottom shelves. A condensation tray positioned under the evaporator captures condensate and channels it out the back, into an evaporation tray. This helps keep the Cruise 195 refrigerator section free of frost issues.
Following are the part numbers and descriptions:
- 1195BB1MK0000 – Cruise 195 Stainless Steel Refrigerator/Freezer – DC Only, Right Swing, 3 – Sided Stainless Steel Flange
- 1195BB7MK0000 – Cruise 195 Stainless Steel Fridge/Freezer – AC/DC, Right Swing, 3 – Sided Stainless Steel Flange
- 1195BB7NK0000 – Cruise 195 Stainless Steel Fridge/Freezer – AC/DC, Left Swing, 3 – Sided Stainless Steel Flange
The Standard Equipment Package includes a propane cooktop not shown that can be deleted for a credit of about $570. If you delete the propane cooktop and propane system, the credit will be about $1,900.
Features | Safe and easy to operate | The counter inset induction cooktop generates heat through a magnetic circuit that connects with cookware, allowing the heat to be generated by the pot or pan being used | Glass ceramic top | Easy to clean | Timer function