Ford Factory Production Delays (No Current ETA Delivery On Chassis)
Due to Ford production delays please see our consignment page for E-Series listings. (Link)
The Sportsmobile Classic is the latest iteration in line of heavy duty 4×4 Adventure Vans from Sportsmobile. Currently in production, the Classic takes a Ford Cutaway body and molds it with a steel reinforced fiberglass shell. The integrated penthouse top drops flush into the shell for a streamline look. Deliveries for the Classic have begun.
Please contact Sportsmobile if you would like more information or production timing.
Sportsmobile 4×4 Conversion
Sportsmobile’s 4×4 System
The Sportsmobile 4×4 Vehicle is for the most discerning of off-road enthusiasts. Only the best heavy-duty components are used to provide the maximum off-road performance while maintaining exceptional on-road comfort.
This combined with over five decades of experience designing and manufacturing van campers makes the Sportsmobile 4×4 a truly unique product.
Ford discontinued the E-Series Van with model year 2014.
The only way to get the Sportsmobile 4×4 build is via the Sportsmobile Classic.
Sportsmobile 4×4 Conversion Includes
- Advance Adapter Atlas II All Gear Driven Transfer Case
- Dynatrac Pro-Roc 60 Front Axle
- Dana 60 Rear Axle
- Fox 2.0 Performance Series Shocks
- High Knuckle Front End for Extra Tie Rod Clearance
- Extra Heavy Duty Steering Arm
- True horizontal drag link Spicer 1350 one-ton rated driveline components
- Your choice of open, limited slip, or locking differentials
- Partial military wrap springs designed specifically for a Sportsmobile Conversion
- Reverse Shackle leaf spring design
- Front sway bar with quick disconnect system and custom shocks
- Front End Upgrades including new casting, larger knuckles and hubs
- F550 rotors and beefed-up the calipers
- GVWR 10,050 lbs
For Pricing Please Contact Sportsmobile
The E-Series Archives
The Predecessor to Sportsmobile West 4×4 conversion was developed for Ford’s original Econoline Van. It was widely accepted as the ultimate 4×4 for Fords. This same 4×4 conversion with improvements is now standard for Sportsmobiles Classic 4×4 using Ford’s cutaway chassis that will still be available for some years.
You may enjoy the Sportsmobile archives for writeups, lifestyle photos, and rallies.