Sportsmobile Classic 4×4 – Ford Cutaway Chassis
The Sportsmobile Classic is the latest iteration in line of heavy duty 4×4 Adventure Vans from Sportsmobile. Currently in the prototype phase, the Classic takes a Ford Cutaway body and molds it with a steel reinforced fiberglass shell. The integrated penthouse top drops flush into the shell for a streamline look. Production of the Classic is targeted for late 2018.
Sportsmobile 4WD Conversion
Sportsmobile’s 4WD System
The Sportsmobile 4WD Vehicle is for the most discerning of off-road enthusiasts. Only the best heavy-duty components are used to provide the maximum off-road performance while maintaining exceptional on-road comfort.
This combined with over five decades of experience designing and manufacturing van campers makes the Sportsmobile 4WD a truly unique product.
Ford discontinued the E-Series Van with model year 2014.
Sportsmobile 4WD Conversion Includes:
- Advance Adapter Atlas II All Gear Driven Transfer Case
- Dynatrac Pro-Roc 60 Front Axle
- Dana 60 Rear Axle
- Fox 2.0 Performance Series Shocks
- High Knuckle Front End for Extra Tie Rod Clearance
- Extra Heavy Duty Steering Arm
- True horizontal drag link Spicer 1350 one-ton rated driveline components
- Your choice of open, limited slip, or locking differentials
- Partial military wrap springs designed specifically for a Sportsmobile Conversion
- Reverse Shackle leaf spring design
- Front sway bar with quick disconnect system and custom shocks
- Front End Upgrades including new casting, larger knuckles and hubs
- F550 rotors and beefed-up the calipers
- GVWR 10,050 lbs
Sportsmobile 4×4 Limited Warranty
The Sportsmobile system does not affect the original factory warranty on the unaltered portions of your van. For future ease of service, each four-wheel-drive system is provided with a detailed list of all component parts and a maintenance schedule. Sportsmobile West 4×4 Conversions Limited Warranty 36 months/36,000 miles covers parts and labor on new van installs. Used vans will come with a 12 month/12,000 mile limited warranty.
Note: Sportsmobile interior conversion has a 5 year / unlimited miles limited warranty
The Classic Predecessor Archives
The Predecessor to Sportsmobile West 4×4 conversion was developed for Ford’s original Econoline Van. It was widely accepted as the ultimate 4×4 for Fords. This same 4×4 conversion with improvements is now standard for Sportsmobiles Classic 4×4 using Ford’s cutaway chassis that will still be available for some years.
You may enjoy the Sportsmobile archives for writeups, lifestyle photos, and rallies.